Everyone should wake up to a little magic on Christmas morning. This Christmas coffee can be part of your magic.
The holiday season is so special. Lights, candy canes, the Christmas tree, the twinkle in the children’s eyes, holiday coffee drinks. I just love this time of year and this festive season, it’s all so magical. This Christmas coffee recipe is sure to get you into the holiday spirit this Christmas season.
On Christmas morning, my kids know that the grown-ups need to have their Christmas coffee in their hands before the festivities begin. We deserve some Christmas magic too, right? After all, we’ve probably been up half the night. This easy Christmas coffee is simple to make and doesn’t take too long, as we know the kiddos will be begging us to hurry.
The total time from start to finish is only about 5 minutes. Those few minutes, that brief pause before the gift opening begins, builds the kids’ excitement as they take in the magic of Santa’s empty milk glass and cookie plate, the lights, the tree, the gifts and the pure magic of Christmas morning.
The house smells like fresh bread that baked overnight in the bread maker, the cinnamon rolls go in the oven and the Christmas coffee is prepared. This Christmas morning coffee is the perfect way for the adults to enjoy some holiday magic too.
This special hot coffee can also be an after dinner drink on the cold days of winter. It’s a delicious way to enjoy the fireplace during the cold weather months of the holiday season. Serve it to your holiday guests as a special hot coffee drink, maybe with a gingerbread cookie.
This is one of those wonderful recipes that will become a part of your holiday traditions. Merry Christmas to all!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Half and half creamer
- White baking chocolate (I personally recommend Ghirardelli)
- Hot brewed coffee – use a special Christmas coffee blend to add more magic
- Light whipped cream
- Ground cinnamon
- A few festive sprinkles of sugar in the raw or chocolate shavings on the top
Tools You’ll Need
- Special Christmas coffee mugs (this is key for the magic of Christmas coffee)
- Coffee maker
- Small sauce pan
- Small wire whisk
· Brew a nice strong cup of coffee. If you have a french press, you could use that for this special morning.
· Pour the half and half into a small sauce pan.
· Place the white baking chocolate squares into the pan with the creamer.
· On low heat, slowly warm the creamer and melt the chocolate. For best results, whisk continually to avoid burning. This only takes 2-3 minutes.
· Pour 1/8 cup – 1/4 cup of the white chocolate cream mixture into the bottom of your Christmas coffee mug. Base the amount of white chocolate cream on your taste preferences. If you like your coffee sweet and creamy, use 1/4 cup. If you like it less sweet and creamy, use only 1/8 cup of the white chocolate cream.
· Fill the remainder of the mug with hot brewed coffee.
· Top the coffee with whipped cream.
· Sprinkle with cinnamon. Top with sugar and chocolate shavings if using.
· Enjoy your Christmas magic – you deserve it!
With the excitement of the morning, it’s tempting to walk away while the chocolate is melting, but seriously don’t do this. It’s the only thing that will mess this up. You don’t want the chocolate to burn or the white chocolate cream to boil. It only takes 2-3 minutes to warm the cream and melt the chocolate. Stay by the stovetop and stir!
What to Serve With Christmas Coffee
You can’t really serve anything with the first round of this – the kids want to open their gifts! The excitement is overflowing!
For the second or third cup of Christmas coffee, serve with Christmas cinnamon buns, coffee cake, or freshly baked bread made overnight in the bread maker.
From my home to yours, I hope you enjoy this Christmas coffee recipe. Happy Holidays!
If you make this Christmas coffee part of your Christmas morning tradition this year, share your photo and tag liveeachdayblog on Instagram. I would love to see your magic!
- Special Christmas coffee mugs (this is key to the magic)
- Coffee maker or French Press
- Small sauce pan
- Wire Whisk
- 1 cup Half and half creamer
- 2 ounces White chocolate baking squares I personally recommend Ghirardelli
- 2 cups Hot brewed coffee Use a special Christmas coffee blend to add more magic
- Light whipped cream
- Ground cinnamon For sprinkling on top
- A few festive sprinkles of sugar in the raw or chocolate shavings for topping
- Brew a nice strong cup of coffee. If you have a french press, you could use that for this special morning.
- Pour the half and half into a small sauce pan.
- Place the white baking chocolate squares into the pan with the creamer.
- On low heat, slowly warm the creamer and melt the chocolate. For best results, whisk continually to avoid burning. This only takes 2-3 minutes.
- Pour 1/8 cup – 1/4 cup of the white chocolate cream mixture into the bottom of your Christmas coffee mug. The amount you use is based on your preference and depends on how sweet and creamy you like your coffee.
- Fill the remainder of the mug with hot brewed coffee.
- Top the coffee with whipped cream.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon & sugar (and chocolate shavings if using).
- Enjoy your Christmas magic – you deserve it.